Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Bistro Shrimp Pasta

Hey everyone, so sorry I haven't posted in awhile!  This blog is fairly new and I kind of forgot that it existed, lol! This recipe has a lot of ingredients and looks like it'll take awhile to make, but hey, good will come out of it!  I know this because my first and only time to The Cheesecake Factory in Providence, Rhode Island and it was delicious beyond words!  I haven't yet tried it myself but I believe I have every right to share the recipe if I've tasted it, giving credit to the source from which I got it, of course.

INGREDIENTS -

Vegetable Portion

1 cup quartered button mushroom
1 cup grape tomatoes (halved)
2 tablespoons olive oil

Pasta Portion

1 pound thin spaghetti
1/2 teaspoon salt

Lemon Basil Cream Sauce

4 tablespoons butter
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 cups heavy whipping cream
2 cups chicken broth
1/2 cup lemon juice
4 tablespoons cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 cup chopped fresh basil

Shrimp Portion

1 pound raw shrimp, deveined and with shells removed
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup flour
1 cup panko
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
3 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons olive oil

INSTRUCTIONS -

Saute mushrooms in oil.  Add tomatoes until warm.  Set aside.  Add salt and water and boil for pasta until al dente.  Set aside covered with a little oil so it doesn't stick together.

Melt butter in large skillet.  Add garlic and saute for 2 minutes.  Add cream and chicken broth.  Bring to a boil and cook about 8 minutes or until reduced by about half.  Whisk together fresh-squeezed lemon juice and cornstarch until smooth.  Add pepper.  Add lemon mixture to cream mixture and whisk constantly for 2 minutes.  Turn down to lowest heat just to keep warm.

Dip raw shrimp in eggs and then transfer to coat with panko breadcrumb and flour mixture.  Fry in butter and oil for a few minutes until golden brown.  Allow them to drip on paper towel covered and cook the remainder of shrimp this way.  Add basil to sauce.  Put cooked pasta on plate.  Add desired amount of sauce.  Top with tomatoes and mushrooms and shrimp.  Serves 6

*This recipe was taken from cheesecakefactoryathome.blogspot.com

**Also, I've decided not to categorize the recipes I share anymore, at least for now.  If I hadn't stopped categorizing this one would have been under the Main Dishes category.  I hope you enjoy this recipe, because it'd be really difficult to dislike it!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment